IMPORTANT: As of December 9, 2015, PayPal is not available to new Celery customers. After 2+ years with working with PayPal, we've determined that there are a number of limitations of PayPal that make it a frustrating experience for our sellers and their buyers.
Existing Celery sellers who are using PayPal will not be affected and will be able to accept new PayPal orders and charge/refund existing ones.
To provide pre-order functionality with PayPal, Celery is integrated with the PayPal Adaptive Payments feature.
Please note the following limitations of PayPal:
- Pre-orders made with PayPal requires the buyer to have a PayPal account. A buyer cannot choose the "buy as guest" option.
- Pre-orders paid with PayPal cannot be charged if the order older is than 365 days.
- Any refund must be completed within 60 days of payment. Otherwise, seller will have to send money back to the buyer and potentially pay additional PayPal fees.
- PayPal fixed fees are not refundable. Variable fees are. Learn more.
- Checking out with PayPal will redirect the buyer to the PayPal website (then redirect the buyer back to the shop page).
- PayPal pre-orders / pre-approved payments totals cannot exceed USD$2,000 or its equivalent in other currencies per order.
- PayPal seller accounts must be verified business accounts.
- Sellers must maintain a positive PayPal balance to charge orders.
To enable PayPal payments on your account, please do the following:
- Go to the Payments Section in your Account Settings.
- Click on Add gateway and select PayPal. Then enter your PayPal email address.
- To refund PayPal payments from the Celery dashboard, view this article.