By default, Celery is integrated with Google Analytics. As the buyer moves through the standard Celery checkout flow, Celery will trigger page view events in the following order:
- To track events (pageviews, e-commerce transactions) in Google Analytics, you must be using Universal Analytics (analytics.js). If you're using the older version Classic Analytics (ga.js), you must upgrade first.
- You must add your website domain, 'shop.trycelery.com', and 'paypal.com' to the Referral Exclusion list (see instructions below).
- If you plan to use your own custom GA tracker, please use named trackers since we already initialize our own.
- IMPORTANT: If a buyer has ad blocking technology enabled, the transaction may not appear in Google Analytics.
Step 1: To connect Celery with Google Analytics, follow these steps:
- Get your Google Analytics tracking ID (UA-XXXXXXXX-X).
- Go to your Celery Settings > Apps.
- Enter or paste your Google Analytics tracking ID into the section Analytics > Google Analytics.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Step 2: Within Google Analytics, check that your Ecommerce settings are enabled:
- Click Admin from the menu bar at the top of any screen in Analytics.
- Click View Settings under the View column
- Click Ecommerce Settings located on the left menu.
- Enable Ecommerce and confirm that the status is ON.
Step 3 (IMPORTANT): To accurately tracking referrals, you must also add your website domain, 'shop.trycelery.com', and 'paypal.com' to the Referral Exclusion list:
- In Analytics, click Admin.
- Select the relevant property.
- Click Tracking Info.
- Click Referral Exclusion List.
- Click + ADD REFERRAL EXCLUSION.
- Enter your website (or the site that you'll launch Celery from), then click Create.
- Add the following to the referrals exclusion list: shop.trycelery.com, celeryshop.com, paypal.com.
Step 4: Finally, the events will be sent to Google Analytics Ecommerce section:
(Optional - For multistep checkout only) Step 5: Setting up a goal to better track the sales funnel
- From the Google analytic Goal dashboard, please setup a sales goal as per the screenshot below: