Stripe is a payment processor that allows you to accept payments from credit and debit cards. Stripe automatically transfers payments to your bank account within 2 days of collecting payment.
After you've created your Celery account, you can accept orders immediately. However, to charge your orders, you need to connect a Stripe account.
- Pre-order payments collected with Stripe can be charged until the credit card becomes invalid due to expiration or changed credit card information.
- Go to your Account Settings > Payments.
- Click Add Payment Gateway.
- Select Stripe and click Connect. You will be redirected to Stripe's website to answer a few more questions.
- If you already have a Stripe account, please sign in to your existing Stripe account in the upper right corner. If you don't have a Stripe account, please register for one. It should take about 5 minutes to get setup.
- After connecting with Stripe, you will be redirected back to the dashboard. If the connection was successful, you should receive a notification claiming so. You will also see your Stripe token set.